Tingewick Village Hall was originally built in 1935 and is held under a deed dated 22nd April 1975, as a public charitable trust (Registration No. 269466) for use as a Village Hall for the inhabitants of the Parish of Tingewick.
The single storey building is of wooden construction with feather edge board on the exterior attached to a wooden frame, while internally, the walls are lined with both painted board and aluminium sheet. Slate tiles cover the roof again on a wooden frame. The raised floor, supported by brick piers, consists of wood boards, which in the main hall and committee room are exposed and sealed, while the remaining areas within the building are covered in non-slip vinyl.
The original building was of wooden construction with a slate tile roof. 2021 saw the construction of an extension, built to current standards, comprising improved bar/kitchen, toilet and storage facilities. Additional information regarding the hall can be found in the health & Safety section.
Overall, the building internally measures 19 metres in length and 12.9 metres at its widest point. It comprises:
Main Hall 14.85 x 7.61 with raised stage 2.63 x 5.15
Committee Room 3.15 x 4.35
Kitchen 3.15 x 3.15
Bar 2.62 x 1.85
Gents Toilet 3.57 x 1.6
Ladies Toilet 1.45 x 1.85
Disabled Toilet 2.3 x 1.85
Entrance Vestibule 0.95 x 2.28
In addition there are two separate wooden out-buildings used for storage purposes:
Hall Shed (storage of tables & chairs etc.) 5.45 x 1.8
NB. All measurements are approximate and in metres.